will these coil overs fit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will these coil overs fit???

hey guys will these coil overs fit the festiva, without any modifications, if not what needs to be done to make them fit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GROUN...spagenameZWD9V

thanks
    vince
    vincefestiva

what you need

probably a lathe, some aluminum round stock 6160, and helper springs and couplers.

the main problem is most of theses coilovers come with flat top hats and you
    will need a spacer to mount the stock strut bearing in so the spring is supported by the bearing and not the strut mount itself. also festivas have skinny shock shafts compared to most cars so you will need a bushing of some type to keep the top hat from rattling around (most coilover setups are generic fit, although ground control will make you a custom set). helper springs will keep the springs compressed against the perches so they dont come unseated at full droop.

I have some pics of modified top hats on my car domain (at the bottom of the page).
    Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
    - Dennis Grant
    FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

those are ground controls they are the best when it comes to coilover sleeves. They should fit, with alittle modification, nothing major.

Logan

Comment

I have GC coil overs on my SVT.....best i've seen. I say buy em! Normal price on a set if usually around $410.

~Josh
        99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - # 1571 - PRT track whore
        98 SVT - PRT R&D car
        90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Comment

Working...
        X