Struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struts

Does anyone have any info or experience with these Monroe Sensa-Trac struts. I am rebuilding my son's front end on his 89.

Thanks Dean

Thats what I have on all 4 corners.
    Good Shocks & Struts. You won't go wrong getteing them.
    Wanted KYB's but no fronts on Ebay. & are more expensive than Monroes.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

KYBs are better, period; especially important for the rear. Rock Auto lists rear KYBs as $1.20 more than rear Monroes. Fronts are the same cost, KYB or Monroe.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Sensa tracs include spring and top hat. Highly unlikely you'll find that package for a Festy. Myself would be going for Aspire versions (slightly higher spring perch for slightly higher tires but otherwise identical) and adapt some Rio top hats on while doing all this, on the off chance that an Aspire suspension/brake swap is in your future.

Comment

This for my son's 89, and here in Alaska it's kind of hard to find donor cars for an aspire swap so I'm just replacing the tie rod ends, control arms and bushings, brake calipers, rotors, wheel bearings, seals, strut mounts, and struts. I have all the parts with the exception of the struts. I found a couple of good deals on the Monroe I'm having a hard time getting the KYBs here in Alaska but not impossible. Planning on going with the Monroes just because they are easier to get. I will however wait for the KYBS if they r that much better.

Comment

I'm sorry, I put Aspire Struts on my Festy.
            I have 13" wheels & lowering springs.
            Did it for the clearence.
            Rock Auto Does have front KYB's for Festy but not Aspire.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
            X