Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for some specs: Weight and spring length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for some specs: Weight and spring length?

I'm looking for some specs from the suspension.

I could go weigh the car, I know. However there is no engine and I'd rather not take the suspension all apart twice just to go weigh. Way for thinking ahead on my part...

Does anyone know the front and rear weight of a Festiva stock or with a B6T conversion? Have you actually weighed it or are you just guessing?

Also, how long are the stock front and rear springs when out of the car and off the strut?

Right now I've got for the front: 7 1/8 inches when the car is on the ground with stock engine and 9 1/4 when car is in the air with no knuckles.

For the rear: 9 inches to the bottom of the top coil. I can't quite get the tape up there. The rear end is still on the ground so I didn't get the off ground measurement.

Thanks..

If all is well there may be another cool option for a kick butt suspension for this little car.
    Do Vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Anyone know off the top of their heads? I can go measure my stuff it's the weight I'm lazy about

Comment

No one has anything? Not even front and rear weight?

Comment

I wish I had something on that, but I don't.

Spring length may differ depending on how old and worn the springs are, so this may not be a usable measure unless you are comparing brand new or nearly new springs.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
        X