Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Aspire brake swap with Miata wheels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Aspire brake swap with Miata wheels!

So basically the Festiva lug bolts are too short... they're 12mm x 1.5, I think they are about half as short as I need them to be! I looked everywhere and no one has longer bolts! Am I supposed to convert these to studs??? What do I do? Drill out the hole and shove a stud in there? If so, how long? Gosh I haven't even made it to the fronts yet... Thanks, -JD

They make screw in studs. You should be able to find them at any big tire store. Get the longest ones they have and trim them if you need to.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

I bought some chrome ones that were longer. I think it was either from Summit or Advanced auto.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

You should be able to get longer bolts from A-Zone. I did, but it was a few years ago.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Check out bmw or Saab or VW or Audi

I scored some nice 14x6 wheels from a bmw, 1986 to be exact it was a 318 or someting, Anyways my lug bolts are also bmw but from a higher model witch is an 89 90 year with 5 bolts. Most VW, Saab, Bmw, anything that is a weird euro style, check them out , ive found that all there bolt on lugs have the same thread pattern as our festies / Aspires.
          1996 Aspire, 2DR 5SPD 185 60 14, Aluminum rims, Mild Stereo system, some neon tubes, 185 000 km not a speck of rust runs like a champ
          B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

Working...
          X