Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rims

uploadfromtaptalk1407598620888.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407598635148.jpg

Any suggestions on getting the scuffs out?

Will 185/60R14 fit a 91 Festiva or should I find some 185/55R14's?
    Brad
    Winnipeg, MB Canada

1991 Ford Festiva L

So the rubber on them is pretty much shot ..

the 2 fronts cant be used on street.. they were originally used for ice track racing

Picked all 4 rims up for $75 cdn
    Brad
    Winnipeg, MB Canada

1991 Ford Festiva L

Comment

From what I can tell 165 65r14 ,is almost an exact match to stock size. Its what I plan to do
      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

i ran 185/60-14 on all 4 corners of my old festiva.

front and rear had 2 coils cut.

had to roll the fender lips in the rear, and give it a pull, but nothing crazy. in my opnion, its a little too much tire for a stock motor and trans setup.

Comment

For the scuffs, light sanding, with progressively finer paper, then paint.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I to run 185/60/14 but I have never ran them with stock engine.
            I think it's a good size. Cheap tires available in this size and ride nicer then the smaller tires.
            Last edited by william; 08-09-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I had 14" five spoke alloys from a 90s Elantra on my 88 L model. But they were too wide even with the narrowest 14" tire I could get. First time I rode down the street it smelled like I had done a 20' burnout. But it was the spring plate on the factory strut carving a groove in the sidewall. I think 14" wheels are just too much without body/suspension/drivetrain mods. I looked for come good 13" alloys for a while but I don't like what most wheel companies think is cool these days. I really want some Panasports or clones but they don't seem to come any smaller than 15".

I like a black wheel and I found some cool looking dirt/oval track style wheels on Summit Racing's website from Basset and Circle Track. They can be had in 13" and in the 4x4.5 bolt pattern. And they can be had in half a dozen colors including chrome. Only downside is every single one of them has a disclaimed that says Not for Street Use. A Summit rep told me they weren't dangerous on the street. The reason for the disclaimer was that it's very easy to get one that's not true and will never balance out. So... now I'm thinking of just using my 13" Metro wheels and getting some spun aluminum salt flat disc hubcaps from ebay.

Comment

http://wichita.craigslist.org/pts/4653584898.html would these fit a Rio swap?

Comment

that bolt pattern is to big , even bigger then the stock 114.3
                  There 4x130 iirc

Comment

Yeah I just read that. I just love that vintage look.

Comment

The steelies from summit are all 2" or bigger back spacing. doesn't work with lowered.
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Comment

Without tire info, I won't know if these fit right?

Comment

Check out HD wheels
                            And the other company is MR wheels idb. They have some 13" options
                            Discount tire's outlet has some 14" idb
                            Fast....Women are fast
                            Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

The guy says it has 205/50 r15 tires. Which is roughly .75 inches wider than William said he ran in post 6, and maybe a half an inch extra diameter. I'll have Rio struts. Does anyone actually use wheel spacers. I don't mind cutting or massaging the fenders. Or removing a little wheel well turning radius material. Inputs please

Comment

Working...
                              X