Wheel tread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel tread

What is the wheel tread dimension on a Festiva? Thanks.
    Bernie in MA

Stock tires are 145/80x12, or 165/70x12. You can't get those any more, but 155/80 works fine. Even better, go up to 13" Metro wheels and get better quality tires in a wide variety of sizes: 165/65, 175/70, etc. Try www.tires-easy.com for unusual sizes.
    Last edited by TominMO; 08-16-2014, 05:04 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I mean the distance between the wheels. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
      Bernie in MA

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie in MA View Post
        I mean the distance between the wheels. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
        Oh, that's called the wheel track. Just use a tape measure with a friend; measure from the center of one tire to the center of the other one.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

they actually do call it wheel tread in alignment specs. FRONT - 55.1". REAR - 54.5".

Comment

I was pretty close. My project car is on blocks and laying the tape on the floor it looked like 54" on the rear. I'm building a truck and I want a heavier back end. Chevy Cavalier is 58", jeep is about 52". The jeep would add a lot more weight but I'd have the option of adding power to the rear by hydraulic motor.
            Bernie in MA

Comment

Working...
            X