Width of Miata Daisies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Width of Miata Daisies?

Anyone know the width of a gen1 Miata daisy wheel? I'm guessing 5.5".
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Yes it is a 5.5 inch.

Comment

Tominmo, here are a couple pic's of the Daisies I have and really do not know were they fit in the Miata years, but yes they are 5.5

An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Thanks all. I was thinking of getting some 165/65x14 tires, and wanted 14x5.5" wheels to put them on, as 14x6 seems less than ideal.

@sc72, I think the daisies were from 90-93 or thereabouts; 1st gen Miatas.
        Last edited by TominMO; 09-04-2014, 08:30 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

TominMO,

The Blue BP car has Miata Daisies with 165/65/14's on them, if you remember.
          Rubs the driver side rear wheel well in tight turns, primarily because of the FMS springs.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
            TominMO,

The Blue BP car has Miata Daisies with 165/65/14's on them, if you remember.
            Rubs the driver side rear wheel well in tight turns, primarily because of the FMS springs.
            Thanks, I wouldn't be using shorter springs tho, so prob no worries.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              Thanks, I wouldn't be using shorter springs tho, so prob no worries.
              Correct, mine just barely touches and without the lowering springs you should be fine.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Also, I didn't mention that this would go on my Aspire, so no rubbing issues there since it has a different shaped wheel well.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                X