Aspire struts to Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire struts to Festiva

I am sorry for posting if it is in here already but I can not find it.
    Just want a definite answer instead of reading between the lines.
    Will the Aspire struts bolt directly onto the Festiva without modification?
    Thanks.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Yes. However the stock Aspire struts and springs will raise the car about an inch
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I've done two suspension swaps using Aspire struts and rear shocks. You cut the Aspire springs one coil to get approximate stock Festiva ride height.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

How about using the aspire FMS springs? Stock height?
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

The Aspire springs are more heavy duty then the Festiva right? I am guessing since the Aspire weighs more. How about the actual strut, is it more beefy too or is that the same? Can you just put an Aspire spring on the Festiva strut?
          Thanks for the help so far.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I used aspire struts and springs on my old festiva, no one wanted to align the car and when i got a guy to align it, it wandered all over the road and really pulled when you hit grooves on the highway from the big trucks.

Comment

I don't think anyone has actually tried the FMS Aspire lowering springs on a Festiva, but the theory is it may give stock ride height.

Karl

Comment

I would use the aspire lower control arms then, they are longer and wont mess up the front end as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathshead
                  I would use the aspire lower control arms then, they are longer and wont mess up the front end as much.
                  :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Comment

Aspire struts on a Festiva

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm about to perform a complete aspire brake conversion and add 15 inch wheels. I'm going with a low profile tire but I don't want the tires to rub? I'm wondering how Cam of CWS Tuning accomplished this. He has 15s on his festiva.

Comment

Cam hasnt owned that festiva for like 5 years now, hah..

I think he ran a A3 vw strut setup.

Comment

I would not use Aspire LCAs on a Festiva. They are at least 1/4" longer. I can't remember exactly how much longer but I measured them once.

They may be 1/2" longer! :shock:

Karl

Comment

Why would you every get rid of such a beautiful car? I wonder if i could obtain the suspension info from Cam? I have decided build this car and I want it evil. 15s will definitely increase performance. My car has to be ready by summer. Virgina Beach needs a clean festiva. I'm sick of seeing civics.

Comment

Working...
                          X