what tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tires?

what do you guys with wider tires on your festys run in the snow? or does the added contact area not mess with traction as much as i think that it will? anyways just curious i need to buy a couple of tires and was wondering if i should look for some thinner rim/tire options

Get some snow tires on front and you will be almost unstoppable!

I have 195/60/14 General HP Altimax tires on red car, (not snow tires) and it gets along pretty darn good in the snow. Better than the thin 12" tires on black car.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I run these and love them.
      Pass 4 wheel drives stuck last winter.
      I just had them on the front I had a full set but now I have 2 fresh ones for the front this year.

Comment

Based on my experience with both front and rear wheel drive vehicles I would highly recommend putting winters on all four wheels. The general rule of thumb promoted here is winter tires should go on when temperatures are consistently below 7ºC / 45ºF. I did try running with only two winter tires on one of my cars a long time ago but quickly went an got the other two put on. Here's a video I found recently that demonstrates the difference.

Last edited by fastivaca; 11-05-2014, 01:41 PM.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I agree 4 are best I just run my all seasons on the rear and take it easy.

Comment

Working...
          X