What size wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size wheels?

What offset/size do I need to have no issues, if I want to run a 14 inch wheel? What tires would I need on said wheels?

Thanks in advance!
    '93 festiva L, 5 speed.....All stock....

Im also interested in this info, if anyone could let us know would be much appreciated

Comment

Somewhere in the area of +38 offset, on a 14X6 wheel. 165-45-14 tires should get you close.
      I"m running Miata solid spoke 14" with 185-60-14 tires (mine is Aspire swapped) and they do hit the fenders on the back.
      I have no spacers, rolled fender lips, and custom built coil over springs.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by CUCUY View Post
        What offset/size do I need to have no issues, if I want to run a 14 inch wheel? What tires would I need on said wheels?

Thanks in advance!
        For no issues, just slap 'em on, maybe a Capri 14" rim. they are 5.5" wide, not 6". I just ordered some General Altimax RT43 175/65x14s for these rims. I'll post here how they fit. Strongly recommend the screw-in studs--Gorilla makes them in several different lengths (thread is 12x1.5), in case you need spacers.

With my 185/60x14s on 6"-wide AR Estrellas, I need to use 6mm (1/4") spacers. And that's with the higher spring perch of the Aspire Monroe strut.
        Last edited by TominMO; 12-02-2014, 10:22 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
        X