suspention swap stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspention swap stuff

Hey, I have been looking through the site to find the best answers. Let me see if I have this right. I have a festiva... ok good start I have a assssspire ok now we are talking. I am going to do the swap hubs brakes rear suspension. My question is... Do I use rio front struts/mounts front and rear or just front? I will be putting coilover sleeves on what ever I use if that matters. The rio struts look to be more heavy duty and able to handle higher spring rates.If I order the rio stuff does it bolt up to the stock festiva parts? I will be autoxing the car mostly. This is not my first autox build so I have knowledge, just not clear on this car.. thanks

Kia front and Aspire rear .... or Aspire front and rear. The rear Kia will not fit the Festy.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

01-05 Rio front stuff will work. The 03-05 stuff has a better caliper design and has bigger rotors too but may limit choice of rim sizes. Get the tophats from 01-02. Get tie rod ends to match the year of front stuff you got.
      -Bryant

Comment

Be sure to get the Aspire emergency brake cable too.
        Also remove the Aspire torsion beam from the body by removing the 3 bolts that
        hold it to the body on each side so you will get the Aspire torsion beam bushings also.
        Last edited by 1990new; 12-07-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X