New wheels for my new festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wheels for my new festiva

Hey guys i'm newish festiva owner and wondering if someone could help me find a good wheel and tire combo. Right now I have some American Racing wheels and beat up tires on my car. I was planning on getting new tires in the spring and was thinking about some new rims too, trouble is I cant find good 14 inch rims and i'm not sure what tire size to get. The tires on the car rub a little bit so I don't know if new tires would help or if I should be looking at new springs too.

Thanks a bunch,

Ferni

Welcome,

Here is a nice tire size calculator. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

I personally run a 15 with 165/45/15 and I experience no rubbing.

Chad

Comment

Hey Chad, what rims are you running?

Comment

Welcome Fernz11 and Mc_nugget!

Nothing rubs on the front unless you go super-tall, like 25".

On the rear, get 1.75" long Gorilla studs (part # 77737L @ Amazon) and use a 1/4" spacer if needed. It also helps if you use Aspire rear struts, since they have a higher-up spring perch. With Aspire rear struts, I don't need a spacer to run 185/60x14 tires on my AR Estrella 14x6" rims; but I do need one with 175/65x14 on my Capri 14x5.5" rims. Strongly recommend the screw-in studs all around. Use 1.5" on the front (77737S), since there is no chance you will need spacers. Thread size is 12mm X 1.5.
        Last edited by TominMO; 01-16-2015, 12:43 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Search for my name, there is a thread that explains everything of what I did.

Chad

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys! @itstock that size calculator is really helpful @TominMO thanks a bunch for that info, I'll definitely take a look at those studs.

Ferni

Comment

Originally posted by Fernz11 View Post
              Thanks for all the replies guys! @itstock that size calculator is really helpful @TominMO thanks a bunch for that info, I'll definitely take a look at those studs.

Ferni
              And use red Loc-tite to hold 'em in. If you ever need to pull them back out, two lug nuts will do the trick just fine; i.e. put two on; the outer one locks against the inner one; turn the inner one CCW with an open wrench or adjustable wrench; out comes the stud.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
              X