coil over help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil over help

So I have made my own coil overs for my festy. I got everything to fit together nicely. I have one issue though. When I turn the mount the (by hand) the spring and screw jack turn as well. I know over time this will cause spring to get loose. I have not tried them on car yet. I did put the bearing back in the top. Any one have any suggestions on how to fix this??
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

I used JB weld to hold them in place. I broke a rear vw mk II shock and I used a press to remove the coil over and put it on a new one. It takes the noise out and helps keep the spring straight. Windshield adhesive might work really well too. The next time I have them apart I want to put some of that bright red hydraulic hose wrap in there behind the chrome spring, I think it will look cool. After install when setting your new ride height clean the dust out of the threads before you turn the adjuster, it is a bugger to clean after you have bound up the threads on a bunch of road crap. Scuff the paint on the shock or strut before bonding and make sure both surfaces are chemically clean. I coat both surfaces before assembling.
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

ok thanks. I keep plenty of JB weld around.
      1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
      1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
      2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
      2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
      2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
      1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

Working...
      X