No announcement yet.

wher'd these guys come from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got all of those items. I will be test fitting them shortly. The strut bar brackets get bent in shipping. I am looking at getting them reproduced with improvements or trying to get a volume discount.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

i'm slappin my head. i forgot those were on your site awhile back. didn't mean to promote these at the expense of your sales. well at least they only have 2. i was going to buy the lower bar but put me down for one of yours. i can wait. rather keep the money in country. and those strut tower bar ends do look insubstantial.

Comment

Ben, I'm with Mike. Somehow I totally forgot you had these as well. Can you get them unfinished? I'll prolly take a whole set too. Have to wait for my intake to be done first to make sure it will clearance.
        -Bryant

Comment

Unfortunately I can't get the manufacturer to get back to me. The seller on ebay is just a reseller and not the manufacturer. I also don't like the way the strut bar attaches. If you look at the picture, it attaches to the right side of both towers, seems like that would be working against you if the bar actually worked.
          The Festiva Store

Comment

Ben are you going to stock the lower control arm braces? If so around how much? Are these steel or aluminum?

Comment

^yes, mee too
              -Bryant

Comment

Hmm ...Hmmmm!

ALWAYS check "The Festiva Store" first. How many times I gotta tell ya?!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                  Ben are you going to stock the lower control arm braces? If so around how much? Are these steel or aluminum?
                  Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                  ^yes, mee too
                  Originally posted by drddan View Post
                  Hmm ...Hmmmm!

ALWAYS check "The Festiva Store" first. How many times I gotta tell ya?!
                  lol. Yes, I am planning on stocking these. They are made out of steel. First I want to try it on the car to make sure it fits properly and I am happy with design. If I can't get a good enough discount to make it worth buying from that manufacturer, I will have them made locally. The coating used on these bars from this manufacturer looks good initially but it won't last. Part of the coating on mine flaked/broke off during shipping. I am thinking a good powder coating would be a better solution. In that case color could be whatever I choose, so maybe a bright pink...

I am slowly getting more item in the store. But the more you bug me on some things, it might give me the motivation to get it done quicker.
                  Last edited by nonamekid; 02-04-2015, 09:24 AM.
                  The Festiva Store

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                    i'm slappin my head. i forgot those were on your site awhile back. didn't mean to promote these at the expense of your sales....
                    I don't mind. I was going to let everybody know where I got them from if I couldn't make a better product at a cheaper price.
                    The Festiva Store

Comment

I would like a raw set when the time comes. So i can coat them myself
                      -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                        I would like a raw set when the time comes. So i can coat them myself
                        You don't want bright pink...

I was thinking of leaving them uncoated as as an option for those who want to coat them in their preferred color or coating.
                        The Festiva Store

Comment

Pink is nice but i was thinking more like rainbow. ..
                          -Bryant

Comment

Here is a review for the products. All fitment test were completed using a 1990 Festiva.

Lower control arm brace:

Yes it will bolt in place. When full tightened it barely clears/touches the transmission support.

Here is a picture of it installed but the bolts not tightened causing it twist down in the front a little.

Front Tower Brace

Both brackets that attach to the strut tower were bent during shipping. The strut brace is built to tie in to the rear bolt with a metal wrapping around to the front bolt on the shock tower. This metal is not supported by a vertical piece, so it allows it to be bent. Also, due to the design of this strut tower, it will not work with EFI Festivas. The coil and the bracket that it is attached to is in the way. Also, if you look closely, the bar attaches to the right side of both towers which seemed odd to me. This brace definitely has room for improvement.

Rear Upper Bar

The rear upper bar should bolt in under the seat belt, but unfortunately mine was about 3/4" too narrow, so I could bolt one side down but not the other. If I slid the bar upward, it wanted to bolt in where the rear window latches were and that placed the bracket in the way of the seat belts and the rear window latch openings. The design for this one will be the easiest to copy, improve and make work for the festiva.

The Festiva Store

Comment

I just got some threaded tie rods which could be added to the bars to make adjustable this way you can get a nice snug fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X