wher'd these guys come from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
    I just got some threaded tie rods which could be added to the bars to make adjustable this way you can get a nice snug fit.
    I was thinking about that. It could then be considered "adjustable", and when something is "adjustable" it is worth more, right?
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

i don't understand the logic of locating the rear bar between the C-pillars. shouldn't it, like the front strut bar be attached to the rear shock towers? i don't see how it does anything for the suspension where it's mounted now.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
        i don't understand the logic of locating the rear bar between the C-pillars. shouldn't it, like the front strut bar be attached to the rear shock towers? i don't see how it does anything for the suspension where it's mounted now.
        This is the information provided on their website about rear upper bars:

Rear Upper Bars is designed for vehicles with high roof and high CG (Centre of Gravity) such as MPV’s, mini MPV’s, SUV’s and Hatch Backs.

Initially, Rear Upper Bar is invented specially for the 5 Doors Hatch Back cars. The 5 Door Hatch Back cars have weaker rear upper body due to their wide opening rear door. Under extensive investigation and actual road proving, it corrected the shortcoming of the vehicle’s swaying rear upper body.
        The Festiva Store

Comment

I'd like to see Charlie test these out on his new street and track cars, and get his feedback. Esp. the LCA bar and the rear bar.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

no wonder i can't get the hatch to open while doing 90 degree turns at a 100 MPH. the durn hatch opening is all racked out of square due to the mile high center of gravity, 500# roof panel, and toothpick strength C-pillars. can i get one of those little 2 wire black boxes from these guys also that increase power and fuel milage 100%?

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              no wonder i can't get the hatch to open while doing 90 degree turns at a 100 MPH. the durn hatch opening is all racked out of square due to the mile high center of gravity, 500# roof panel, and toothpick strength C-pillars...
              I have the same problem. I'm glad to see someone has found a solution.

All funny business aside, have you jacked up one of the front corners of the festiva and then tried to open and close the hatch or doors? It shows how much twist is in the unibody and how much the doors and hatch actually help the car.

As Charlie has stated, no one will notice any potential benefit from these pieces in normal driving. If there is any benefit to performance, it would be on a road course where you are really working the vehicle. So for most people, these will only be for looks. Sometime people just want a little extra bling on their cars. Just like body kits, euro taillights, 121 grilles, and mudflaps.
              The Festiva Store

Comment

any progress by the festiva store developing or offering these strut bars? i do want the bling but i also think a LCA strut bar might actually have some merit in abnormal driving.
                Last edited by F3BZ; 01-30-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I'm going to try and make a jig to make the rear tie bar. I have 2 of there tie bars but it's very thin metal and I want to use something a little thicker. Being I have no skid plate I'll be counting on the bar to protect my Trans from bottoming out.

Comment

so you bought bars from the malaysia guys? i heard their stuff wasn't too beefy and was hoping someone was going to fab some righteous pieces. wouldn't you think a bar across the rear shock towers would be more effective than across the C pillars?

Comment

I haven't had time to fix their design and make something fit for the North American festiva. The rear bar could use a redesign, I believe the front one could also. On the street, I would question the safety of having that bar hang down so low the way that it does. If it were to hang up on a speed bump or some other solid object, that could cause some serious frame damage. I wonder if a design similar to the capri would work. I just got done doing a tranny swap into a capri and was impressed with all the bracing that is underneath that car.
                      The Festiva Store

Comment

It would be better to make a B pillar harness bar, like what I built for Tweak. Also it would be nice to have seat rail adapters to mount sport and racing seats (also built those for Tweak).
                        These are actually functional and not just for looks. The body flex on a Festiva is very minimal, and actually an advantage. Rigid isn't necessarily fast, it just makes slow feel faster.
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-01-2016, 12:56 PM.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Shiny pieces are nice for bling. That rear bar is only made to make it harder to see out the back and to make the festiva look and feel faster.
                          The Festiva Store

Comment

Working...
                          X