Control Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Arms

Ok, I've read, read, and read....... read and read some more.
    I see 5 or 6 different companies making our control arms at 5 or 6 different prices.
    Is there truly one company that stands out above the rest?
    Dorman, Moog, OMNI, MEVOTECH, AcDelco..........
    Or is it only one or two companies that are actually making them and then distributing to all the "name brand" venders?

I've had good experience with Moog and am kinda leaning towards them.

Thanks
    Whoa, that was fun!

I got moog on mine and they do great IMO. I have had them on for about a year with no issues at all.
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

Moog is what's on all 3 of mine. They are worth the extra in my opinion
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Currently have Dorman on mine myself, they have been on there I would say about 10 months now and still doing fine.

But I have heard from other members that Dormans seem to last only about a year, so I am keeping my eye on them.
        I can also tell you Duralast Suspension parts from Autozone are reboxed Dorman parts.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

MOOG
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
            MOOG
            What he said.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Moog
              -Bryant

Comment

Awesome guys, thanks.
                Just getting everything in line/prepared for an Aspire swap.
                Last edited by ottoparts; 02-17-2015, 06:24 PM.
                Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

It's always nice to get parts at a reduced price BUT as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Do it right the first time, then you will not have to scrape up more money later on to replace those lifetime warranty low quality parts. good luck
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

From my track testing I can tell you that the weakest link is the inner bushing on all of the brands. Moogs slide out just as fast as any of them. the Moog parts look to be the highest quality though and I suspect the rubber will age longer than the cheaper arms.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

What did you do for that inner bushing, Charlie?
                      Last edited by bhazard; 02-18-2015, 01:07 AM.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Superpro poly inner control arm bushings. Problem solved. They allowed me to run Hoosier slicks and corner at nearly 3 g's.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-18-2015, 01:45 PM.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Charlie, are those SuperPro sway bar to LCA bushings too? What's their part number? Thank you.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

No, those are moog. SuperPro does make them though, and they make the sway bar to body bushings as well. I have 2 sets coming from Australia right now.
                            The part numbers are all on the "My compiled urethane bushing list" thread. You can also check out SuperPros website http://www.superpro.com.au/
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-19-2015, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Its too bad your bushing list isn't in the suspension articles section... someone should really get on that
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X