Sway bar bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway bar bushing

I found some Energy suspension bushings and want to know if there any mods to make them work. I been trying to find a link on here. I know the holes have to be welded but is there anything else? If there is a link the would be helpful to.
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

I have done the ones you speak of before as have plenty of others. MOST of them have had them shift considerably. I welded mine and didn't have any issues with them whatsoever for the year plus it was driven but the thought was always in the back of my mind. But I will say the car was driven like a granny. All you have to do with those is weld the washers in place. But they are a structural part of the drive-line of the Festiva. ALL torque from the transmission goes directly through these bushings. The brackets are rather lightweight compared to the stock piece.

Or you could get the ones that don't need welding at all. It would be a whole lot safer too. ANY new Festiva I get will have the these. They are a direct-fit/bolt-on item. Energy suspension carries them.

Last edited by Gomez; 02-19-2015, 11:00 PM.
    -Bryant

Comment

The ones pictured is the ones I originally wanted. Didn't know they were direct bolt on. I don't mind welding few things but I'm like you it would always be on my mind and I don't drive like a granny all the time. Thanks for confirming these.
      1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
      1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
      2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
      2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
      2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
      1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

Working...
      X