Help Rear Aspire Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Rear Aspire Swap

Im going to be going cross country in my festiva at the end of june and currently have the stock rear festiva beam with 12's and the E-Brake DOES NOT WORK on the car and a custom front suspension swap with 13's. I already have a rear aspire beam, E-brake cable, new shocks, springs, bushings (I believe iI have all the ones that are needed) and drums to do the swap but am concerned that 1) Theres too much rust to do the swap on my current body and 2) I wont have the time to do it. I plan on getting another body later this year and swapping all of my festiva stuff to it however this current body WILL be going on the trip.

Here is a link to my photobucket with the best pictures I have of the rear end: http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/ja...?sort=3&page=1

So should I attemp to do the swap or just go as is?
    How long should it take to do the swap?
    Would anyone in/very near Wisconsin be willing to help me do it in june, or somebody along my route to California be willing to help me do it if it would be quick?
    My current planned route is as follows: I-90, US-18, I-25, I-70, US-191, US-160, US-180, I-40, I-15 I will be for sure stopping at MT. Rushmore and the Grand Canyon

As always thanks for the help in advance!!!
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

I dont see any pics of the beam brackets which is the only spot that matters rust wise for this swap so can't comment on that...
    as for time i ripped the beam off an aspire and installed it on my festy in little over an hour (taking my time)

Comment

This is the best one I have, im still in Japan right now and nobody is able to take more pictures for me. Here is the best i got http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...psdj1pefhh.jpg http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1iqiz4jm.jpg

Comment

Still can't really see, but honestly i would say if you have the parts go for it. It takes a trivial amount of time and if the rust is really to bad on the mounting spots (which i doubt) the chances are your car wouldn't make the trip anyways

Comment

Ok thanks!

Comment

I just want to be sure that I have everything required to swap it all over, as far as brake-lines and everything goes will i have to get a new set?

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
              I just want to be sure that I have everything required to swap it all over, as far as brake-lines and everything goes will i have to get a new set?
              All you need is the Aspire brake hoses to fit the beam. I didn't know this when I did my rear swap, so until I get the proper brake hoses I have the festy ones on there ziptied in place, since they will not fit though the brake hose hole on the beam.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
              X