No announcement yet.

camber adjustment bolts do I want them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody said what I was going to say, so ...
    I have them, needed for the un-cut aspire struts and springs I have on my Festiva, Cujo. They work really well, and im not easy on it either! It does have a B6 in it.
    I had to use the full range of the camber bolt for it to align the front. It is nice to have that amount of adjustment.
    They are hardened bolts, it would take a lot to break them.

I would think you would destroy the rest of the car, before you hurt those bolts

I have Moog cam bolts
    Last edited by drddan; 04-27-2015, 03:47 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      I wouldn't suggest anything that would not be ideal for your situation. I learned most of what I know about fwd suspension tuning in the deep backwoods of New England, where the dirt roads are the smoothest. Positive camber will wear tires faster than negative camber, especially with added load on the vehicle. Camber is not what wears the tires as much as toe and you can run considerably less toe with a negatively cambered setup.
      All the things you have mentioned as a concern are even more critical when driving on the edge in a race car. When your spending 800 dollars a set on tires that wear 4 times faster than typical street tires you want to align the car for the least amount of wear possible. When you are frequently driving the car at triple digit speeds, right alongside quarter of a million dollar exotic sports cars, you need the car to be predictable and easy to drive. The tests that I perform on my cars can cross over to anyone except Movin ( which he loves to point out haha).
      I drove tweak 6000 miles at an average speed of 75mph in 2 weeks on brand new tires and barely wore off the casting fuzzies. That was with -2.8 degrees camber on all 4 corners. While at Madness I re aligned Fordfesters car. He was running factory specs and was having bad tire wear issues on his drive from south Dakota to North Carolina, with a heavy load in the car. After my adjustments he was very happy with the improved drive quality and the car no longer wore the tires.
      I have spent thousands of hours dialing in these cars for every road situation ( except ATV trails) and can be confident that my advice is sound.
      BTW, I don't just drive on race tracks and perfectly paved roads. Arizona has about 100k miles of unmarked dirt roads, most of which have no posted speed limit. The washboard sections are a testimony to a well setup suspension, and Tweak was all to familiar with this pounded gravel surface.

I'm totally open to any and all advice your willing to lend me.
      If you could help walk me through what I need when the time comes for an alignment.
      I will be sure to have them set it up as suggested.

Granted it will still be maybe a month or under to wrap things up.
      I still have to drop the rear beam and get those body bushings replaced.
      What a pita that will be.
      Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Just PM me when your ready. Great work BTW, and I'm impressed by how rust free and clean your Aspire is.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Sounds great.
          It will be I'd say under a month before it is ready to be taken to an alignment shop.
          I will make sure and pm you during that period.

And the rust free nature of my aspire.
          Is only due to the fact that I brought it down from seattle.
          Cars don't seem to rust out there for some reason even though it rains a lot.

I'm just hoping it makes it out of pittsburgh alive after 1-3 more years.
          I'm doing my best to keep rust at bay.
          Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

How much Neg. (-) camber do the camber bolts provide?
            Is it advised to apply both mods IE slot the tower holes & apply these bolts?
            Last a sort of goofy Q: since the Rear is a beam setup is there anything that can be done to adjust the rear camber?

Comment

The rear can be adjusted with tapered shims that go in between the stub axles and the beam. Moog offers plastic shims to do this. I make my own out of steel. Some people use washers to shim the stub axles
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                The rear can be adjusted with tapered shims that go in between the stub axles and the beam. Moog offers plastic shims to do this. I make my own out of steel. Some people use washers to shim the stub axles
                How thick shims do you use? you're running 3.4° in Pedro? I love your wheels and suspension setup honestly I'm gonna copy what you did just with fender cutting and 205/40r16s (I'm not an original type of person plus I know you figured everything out already)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                Festiver
                93 L find/5 speed
                BP/g15mr swapped
                Aspire brake swapped
                Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                rustful
                maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                advanced suspension
                kai/skeeter camber
                b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Working...
                X