Mazda 121 direct fit Coil-overs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 121 direct fit Coil-overs?

I'm currently driving a 90 Festiva that needs so TLC. I'm have a strong desire to replace my weary suspension and original brakes with an aspire brake swap and a complete suspension makeover. I've read through advanced suspension mods and am looking to put together some coil-overs. Unfortunately I am not as mechanically savvy as I'd like, so I'm curious about Mazda 121 coil-overs. I've read that the Mazda 121 is basically the same as the ford Festiva. I've also only read about Tien having made a direct fit coil-over. I came across coil-overs for a Mazda 121 on a European site, I was wondering if coil-overs for the Mazda 121 are a direct fit? They come in 2 variations, RA eye mounting or RA fork mounting, which would work? If so, does anyone have any input as to how the H&R or the FK Silverline might compare, handling wise, to a setup based on the advanced suspension mods by Advancedynamix? I can't find any info on these coil-overs spring rates or anything, so any information from the Festiva Suspension gods would be appreciated. I'm trying to put together a suspension that handles incredibly well, and I wonder how these would stack up against putting something together based on advanced suspension mods.

H&R coil-overs http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

FK Silverline http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

I believe ours would be the eye mounting. For the bottom of the rear strut.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I've only tested the Tiens back to back with the Advanced version 1. The tiens felt soft and floaty, and I wasn't impressed with the valving. For about 3/4 the price of the Tiens you could put together a setup like the Advanced V2. The rear shocks no longer need to be cut or welded and the valving is better than the first version. I'm still improving these setups as time goes on, but the current setup will out handle a Lotus Exige (with R compound tires) and rides smoother than a stock festiva over anything but huge potholes or washboarded dirt roads.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

ah if it were only that easy. the mazda 121 that has basically the same suspension as the festiva is a the DA and DB. i think the DB was built up till 1993. it's doubtful these are a direct replacement if they'd even fit at all. later 121s started using a lower wishbone in the front. the JASM/JBSM fitment specs in the descriptions don't jibe with any lettering designations i've ever seen applied to an 88/89 121 DA and a 1996 121 suspension has had to evolve to be quite different than a 1989 121 suspension.
        Last edited by F3BZ; 07-22-2015, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X