Lifted festys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifted festys

Anyone who has lifted their festy please give me tips and advise.Finally got one roadworthy and dependable second one isn't far from done taking all the leftover stuff and the beat 91 body to make a poor mans ranger/razor/gator type vehicle to maintain the fences haul firewood chainsaws etc.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Here's a good start.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I use coil over six inch adjustable on all four corners. I do not use festy, aspire , neon or rio struts and shocks but that doesn't really matter for what you want, just make sure it is in good shape. I use 14" springs, 75lb rear 125lb front. The next one I will use 100lb front. I usually have the springs set so that with the car loaded as normal the springs are compressed only about one inch all the way around. The lighter springs give far more travel than stock. This helps keep the drive tires in contact with pressure instead of spinning in the air. I use ATV tires on stock steelies. Lots more to consider though.

My use is towing trailers or snowmobile trail work with much the same equipment you are thinking of. Others on here that have lifted are wanting to go jumping, mudding or racing, clearly different purposes.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

don't do what I did I found lots of ways how not to do it but it was still fun when it wasn't broken. but I was able to get 7" lift and then some more with tires that didn't rub on 26"tires. but flexed it almost pulled out the cv joints every time and I broke 3 cv baring's in like 2 months because of the extreme angle of them they didn't last. if I was to do it again I would use complete custom A-arms on the bottom, coil overs, drop the transaxle 3 or so inches, sway bar eliminator using turnbuckles, and drop the steering rack because mine would bind up at flex pretty badly.

Movin defiantly has a great rig and mine was super poorly built and only going for lift over quality.
        1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
        R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

Working...
        X