wheel help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel help

looking to get 15" wheels for my stiva, is there any spec i should keep in mind when searching other than 4x114.3?

what is the center bore?
    do i need a special seat for the lug bolts?
    any thing else?

im doing a g23 honda swap (250whp dynoed) into the car and it will be mostly a track/high way drag car

what is the center bore? 59.6 I found on here.
    do i need a special seat for the lug bolts? I'd suggest you change to studs and use lug nuts. Thread size is M12x1.5. Use 1.75 or 2.0" length and seat depends on the wheels.
    any thing else? +38 to +40 offset on the wheels. With that amount of power, I'd suggest you upgrade to Aspire brakes (4x100)or Capri XR2 brakes(4x114.3), You will need them to stop with 15" wheels in a reasonable stopping distance. I have 2 Festiva's with 15" wheels, you need those larger brakes to feel safe.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 10-30-2015, 02:45 AM.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

With 250 hp you'll want aspire automatic brakes. You can't fit 13" wheels over capri brakes and you'll need 13's for your slicks or R compound tires.
      While your doing the Aspire brake sway you'll want to replace the wheel bearings and press in some real studs. ARP studs for the miata work well.
      When you mount your engine move it as far forward as possible. Forward weight in these cars really transforms them from a fun little car to a world class performance vehicle.

Aspire auto brakes with pressed in ARP wheel studs.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-30-2015, 11:12 AM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Are those standard length Miata studs?
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

No, these are 65mm iirc. I like using the longer studs so I can run spacers if needed.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
            what is the center bore? 59.6 I found on here.
            do i need a special seat for the lug bolts? I'd suggest you change to studs and use lug nuts. Thread size is M12x1.5. Use 1.75 or 2.0" length and seat depends on the wheels.
            any thing else? +38 to +40 offset on the wheels. With that amount of power, I'd suggest you upgrade to Aspire brakes (4x100)or Capri XR2 brakes(4x114.3), You will need them to stop with 15" wheels in a reasonable stopping distance. I have 2 Festiva's with 15" wheels, you need those larger brakes to feel safe.
            why not a deeper offset? just curious bc i run +20 on my miata, i dont mind putting flairs on the festiva to get that extra width for stablity

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            With 250 hp you'll want aspire automatic brakes. You can't fit 13" wheels over capri brakes and you'll need 13's for your slicks or R compound tires.
            While your doing the Aspire brake sway you'll want to replace the wheel bearings and press in some real studs. ARP studs for the miata work well.
            When you mount your engine move it as far forward as possible. Forward weight in these cars really transforms them from a fun little car to a world class performance vehicle.

Aspire auto brakes with pressed in ARP wheel studs.

thank you guys yall have been the most help i have gotten on here

Comment

My wheels are 14x7 with 25 mm offset. They fit with 3.5 degrees of negative camber. The camber also improves the handling quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                My wheels are 14x7 with 25 mm offset. They fit with 3.5 degrees of negative camber. The camber also improves the handling quite a bit.
                Do you need spacers with these? +25mm offset is the mating surface being 25mm off the center line toward the outer side?
                Last edited by Sid_RallyX_82; 12-04-2015, 12:33 AM.
                A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
                Instagram: jaredbear82

Comment

+25 would put you very close to having the outside edge of the tire out from under the fender. +25 may require the above mentioned flares. +35 to + 40 moves the tire closer to the strut/shock.
                  0 is center line. Negative moves the tire/wheel to the outside of the car. Positive (+) moves the tire closer to the shock/strut.
                  Last edited by Team Lightning; 12-04-2015, 01:43 AM.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_RallyX_82 View Post
                    Do you need spacers with these? +25mm offset is the mating surface being 25mm off the center line toward the outer side?
                    No spacers, like Jerry said they poke out, except I run -3.5 degrees camber on all 4 corners so they fit the car perfectly.
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-04-2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X