Rear beam mounts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear beam mounts question

My brother and I recently bought a 89 festiva for a project car, we are looking at the 1.8 swap right now but have some concerns with the structural integrity of the car. Where the rear beam mounts to the car is rotting away, what does the mount for the beam bolt onto is that the frame or rocker panel? Also can new mounts be bought still? Should we cut our losses the car also needs floor pans only paid 225 for the car though.basically wondering if you can buy new mounts and if it is possible to cost effectivley fix where it mounts on the car? New floor pans with rockers and pillars online are 330
    Last edited by Crispyasfuk; 11-29-2015, 11:45 AM.

Frame.
    Hope others will chime in on the rest .
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I think your better off keeping an eye on the for sale section here for a mostly rust free car. They go cheap. Starting with one like yours rust only gets worse and it can do so quickly. Its sad to put a lot of work into a car that rusts out in 5-8yrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pics of rust

1128151952a.jpg1128151951b.jpg1128151951a.jpg1128151950c_2.jpg

Comment

I'd say you bought a parts car. But nice to have if you have the room for it. Or maybe pull all the good parts and store them; takes up lots less room than the body, which is basically a box full of air! :-)
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yeah, find a good (rust free) shell & swap everything over.
            You can find some on here from time to time.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Hopefully theres good parts on there cause scrap is worthless right now. I wouldn't pay $50 for a rotted out festy unless it had some really good parts to pull off it.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
              X