Where to buy wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy wheels?

Anyone know where I can buy some cheap steelies I can use for rally? Looking for 14x7 4x4.5, not sure about offset or center bore?
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

Diamond racing sells custom rolled steelies, any size any bolt pattern, keep in mind they are mild steel and are heavy
    Originally posted by bhearts
    What is one man's trash is a festiva owners upgrade. Lol

Comment

I would not buy from Diamond. Unless the guy who runs it got way more customer friendly.

He's kinda anal about the wheels being race only and not for the street. Says they are built like paper cups. lol Yeah, he literally said that to me.

He also responds when he feels like it, and then of course vice versa.

Summit has a brand of dirt track steelies that are nice and cheap, and they actually do customer service.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Bassett makes good wheels. 4x144.3 is the easiest bolt pattern to find the 14x7 bassetts in. Hop on the mod light forums, as those guys run that wheel size sometimes.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-04-2015, 02:10 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          Bassett makes good wheels. 4x144.3 is the easiest bolt pattern to find the 14x7 bassetts in. Hop on the mod light forums, as those guys run that wheel size sometimes.
          4 x 114.3 me thinks.

Comment

Haha, yeah. 114.3mm (4.5 inches)
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Cool, does anyone know what offset I need for a 7" to fit a Festiva? The tires I want to run are 185/65-14 http://www.dmacktyres.com/gravel-tyres dmg3. Thanks guys

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Comment

Ummmm... Anyone know the chamfer angle on stock lug bolts?
                image.jpg

Comment

60 degree is stock. A lot of dirt track steelies will be 45.

You gotta pay attention to that.

The circle racing brand from Summit are 60 and I think Bassett is too, but I'm not sure.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I bought 2 summit wheels and the offset was wrong. I will check the offset I think it was 0 but it didn't work with car.
                    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

If the Back spacing is 4"...
                      image.jpg
                      And the offset is 0"...
                      image.jpg
                      Where are each of these measurements taken?

Comment

Offset is mm from center line of wheel. Positive offset is toward outside of the wheel negative is toward the inside. Backspace is distance from inside edge of wheel to mounting surface.
                        Last edited by shorestiva; 12-05-2015, 01:08 AM.
                        Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Does anyone know the offset of the Bassett 14x7 D-Hole? http://www.bassettwheel.com/14x7_14x8_dhole.html
                          Also, any thoughts on whether I should run 6 or 7" off-road?

Comment

I'm looking for the site here for a while, can someone tell me the factory 12x4.5 offset?
                            I have steelies and saw a Vdub at junkyard with polished smoke gunmetal grey steels that I thought were tight.
                            Place locally to dip and paint my rims wants $70 each and I am wondering if I can just find some good lookin aluminum rims or something for the same$$$.
                            I just bought new tires a few months ago and I like the 12". wanna keep it stock looking.
                            THANKS!

Comment

Factory wheels
                              12"x4.5" 40mm offset
                              I can't remember the center bore diameter. Can someone tell me?

Comment

Working...
                              X