No announcement yet.

mk2 front only 1/4" lower? help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stock spring retainer has a small section that has a nice radius on it. The keeper that came with my strut is sitting on that radius. Its not the best fit but it did center it all up.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

20151214_200439.jpg

I cut the stock rubber isolator down to allow the spring keeper from the strut to fit on it. The new spring fit on the bottom of the keeper like it was meant to. The stock spring keeper was not used. The little metal cap in the center of the old shock was reused. You cant see it in the picture tho. the strut is mounted and does dont move so i guess its ok.

This friday i will put it back off to see how a couple hundred miles has effected it.
      Last edited by mikemounlio; 12-14-2015, 09:38 PM.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

20151214_193659.jpg

This is the spring keeper on top of the new spring. It just happen to work out.
        Last edited by mikemounlio; 12-14-2015, 09:42 PM.
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

20151214_193708.jpg
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

the stock rubber is on top of the new spring keeper. The stock cup is on top of all this.

My computer is only letting me upload a single picture at a time.

Friday ill get pictures of the setup off the car.
            Last edited by mikemounlio; 12-14-2015, 09:44 PM.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

This part was stock and is not reused.
                Last edited by mikemounlio; 12-14-2015, 09:44 PM.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Those pictures aren't showing up for some reason. Try photobucket. That's a good idea!
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Will in a bit.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

This is the stock setup on the left (driver) rear.

This is the new DIY coilover setup on the right rear.

Stock spring keeper was not reused.

Spring keeper from the new rear strut fits nicely over the new smaller rear spring.

In the stock picture you can see a small CUP. Its just above the bump stop. I reused this cup on top of the new spring keeper to center it all up. I am not sure how good or bad this setup is just yet. So far the car feels better with just the right side finished. Friday i will pull the rear and inspect it. Might even change it up to try and see if i can get a better feeling ride.

Picture showing the top of the new spring keeper. The stock rubber isolator sits ontop of this part. The stock rubber is grooved to hole the same size spring this part is made for. I trimmed the stock rubber down to be a flat round chunk of rubber. The stock rubber kinda molds around the stock spring. I just trimmed it back to allow a better fit to the keeper.

Just another shot of the new keeper next to the new spring.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                      X