Where can I buy 12" steel rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy 12" steel rims?

I have found many about modified, but where can I find/buy plain stock rims?
    I'm in Louisville Kentucky if it matters or do you know a website?

JY. Geo Metros were 12" to 1994, fit perfectly on Festivas. But why not upgrade to 13S since you're getting rims? Metro rims became 13" in 1995.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tom,
      Are you sure about the years on the Metro 13's. I'm am thinking that my set with "boomerang" holes came from a 92 convertible, but I could be wrong. For me, memory is such a poor source of information.
      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
      "Wenona"-89L parts car
      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

If you ever get over this way , stop in , I have all you can haul .
        New build on the way .

Comment

Convertibles were 90-93, and apparently a feature of the convertibles was 13" wheels. For non-convertibles, there was a major redesign for the 1995 model year. That's when they got the 13" wheels for sedans and coupes.

Here is a site that sells hubcaps/wheel covers. This is the wheel cover for the 92-94 12" wheel.
          Last edited by TominMO; 12-24-2015, 09:45 AM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have a set of stock 12s that are about to come of my festy as soon I mount my 13s

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

well, she had 13 inch on her when I pick her up. the owner had, I think,155/80r13 but they rubbed on the springs. I have ordered 145r12 from tirerack.com and they'll be here Mon. I have 3 steelies, but ones slightly off. So, I'm looking for plain steelies or original size/offset rims

Comment

Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
                well, she had 13 inch on her when I pick her up. the owner had, I think, 155/80r13 but they rubbed on the springs. I have ordered 145r12 from tirerack.com and they'll be here Mon. I have 3 steelies, but ones slightly off. So, I'm looking for plain steelies or original size/offset rims
                I can't see how 155/80-13s could rub on the springs. Way too narrow.

You can also mix and match. Put the 12s on the rear and some good 13s on front. Same sidewall height for both, 155/80. Doesn't matter if it's a 12 or 13. No handling issues.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

My Festiva is currently sporting 155/80R13 tires on Aspire wheels with no rubbing issues.
                  Last edited by fastivaca; 12-25-2015, 12:03 AM.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Yeah, 155/80r13s. They rubbed on the coil spring and cut a groove in the edge of the tread-sidewall that I can drag my finger in. I'm glad a tire didn't blow. -But, it's easy to see the rubbed area of spring by rubber dust and no paint.
                    I don't know-

Comment

Hey, can I use 12 by 4 white trailer rims as they fit the tire & same lug size but with the car sunflower yellow I like the White Rim & the car only weighs 1500 pounds???

Comment

Can a Tractor Supply Co. 12"-4" replacement rim NB2007 be used with 145r 12 tires? It has a load capacity of 1045lbs. --- SKU 100129799

Comment

Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
                          Can a Tractor Supply Co. 12"-4" replacement rim NB2007 be used with 145r 12 tires? It has a load capacity of 1045lbs. --- SKU 100129799
                          Yes, you can use car radial tires with trailer rims; I've done it.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I bet someone cut those springs then. Like shade tree, I've got a few you could have if you come get them. I would suggest replacing three springs and using the thirteen inch wheels though. I run 175/80 on mine.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Shadetree, thanks for the offer. Unless we'd encounter snow, it sounds like as good of reason as any for a roadtrip. I'd have to plan a day free. Are you vexing me?

Comment

Working...
                              X