14" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" wheels

Can anyone tell me if they have 14" wheels (114.3 mm bolt pattern) on their Festiva using the Festiva struts and brakes. What size tires are you using and from what car did the wheels come from?? What offset??
    I looked through the other threads and there was a lot of it should work or 100 mm wheels work but nothing definite. I'm currently using 13" Mazda 323 wheels with the Falken 175/60 x 13. They're great but its getting to be a pain having to order them all the time. It looks like 185/60x14 might work and they're readily available but I'm concerned about rubbing on the rear strut.
    Thanks for any input.

i run a 195/50/15 and i needed a small spacer in the rear.. you should be alright
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

hey how big is the spacer ur using for the back?....i just got some pretty nice 14' rims and i just need to buy tires...and i guess some spacers for the back...where can i get some spacers online? and also everyone is talking about 195/45/14, how about 195/55/14?...is there a huge difference?

regards,

;D

Comment

I run 14x6 wheels with Festiva brakes, I run 195/45/14 inch Too tires without any clearance issues (no spacers). My car is also lowered with FMS springs. I have 38mm offset. The difference from 195/45/14 to 195/55/14 is small, 10mm wider and 4.5 mm taller. I don't know if that would matter. Look at my cardomain you'll see the car.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

I thought the first number indicated width and the second number indicated tire wall hight, then why do they get wider when you but a 195/55 over a 195/45?

Logan

Comment

Your right, my mistake. the 195/55 is 20mm taller than a 195/45 Here is a tire calculator.
            Selects a tire width, select an aspect ratio, and a rim diameter, and click on calc. The program calcs the correct tire diameter. this number can then be compared to the MFR original tire diameter.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

First number is width, second number is the percent sidewall height to width.

So a 195/55/14 would be 195mm wide with roughly 107mm sidewalls.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

Brian,
                Nice car. I also have the KYB super struts and found a dealer locally that sells the Toyo 195/55x14. Its good to know it should work. Thanks for the info.
                jep

Comment

i have 195/50/15 on mine and i had to use a quarter inch spacer on the rear to make it work

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                  X