are these JY Capri wheels worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these JY Capri wheels worth it?

ran into this XR2 at the JY yesterday. mostly complete except for T-charger. these wheels are OEM 15x6. decent shape. 2 are missing center caps. yard wants $30 ea. any demand for these?

More demand for the fog lights than the wheels. Those 3 spokes look kinda cool on a Festy though. FordFester used to run them on his car. There is 1 center cap right now in ebay.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Are you wanting XR2 trubo wheels?
      Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

I like the shaved look. Lugnuts are ugly. So are bolts.
        I like rounded curves. I like ...
        Last edited by bravekozak; 01-12-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          More demand for the fog lights than the wheels. Those 3 spokes look kinda cool on a Festy though. FordFester used to run them on his car. There is 1 center cap right now in ebay.

Hey I used to run them too! Way back in my B6T days.

91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

15" a little overkill for me. just thought i'd see if someone wanted them i could grab em. i bought the G trans from the car. been looking for one close to me for years. took the intercooler too. i was surprised that 1/2 of it was blocked from airflow by the capri bumper reinforcement. i wonder how much cooling it coulda been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              15" a little overkill for me. just thought i'd see if someone wanted them i could grab em. i bought the G trans from the car. been looking for one close to me for years. took the intercooler too. i was surprised that 1/2 of it was blocked from airflow by the capri bumper reinforcement. i wonder how much cooling it coulda been doing.
              In theory the whole thing is getting air regardless if it's directly exposed or not. The whole front bumper is one high pressure zone at speed and everything should get equal flow as long as it's not directly covered, like a piece of tape or some grass or mud in the fins.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

i can't argue with the engineer who decided to mount it there. still, fully half of it is behind a solid fiberglass reinforcement with about 1/2" of space between the 2. the point is moot though. i bought it to see if i could get any gains in the hack job B6T into festiva install that my uncle gave to me after he was tired of it. he didn't install an intercooler and reused the 1.3 exhaust pipes so i figure there's still some power to be unleashed.

Comment

Those center caps are worth more than $30 ea on the used market
                  1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                  High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                  Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

thanks RM. i might pop em off my next trip. i often wonder how many rare or highly sought after parts i pass up in U Pull Its of various makes and models. not just festivas. we all know what parts to grab there. i think a person with very broad knowledge of these rare or special edition or 1 year only parts could make a nice secondary or even primary income. especially if you had the time and means to travel. myself, i know i'd be cruisin JYs in FLA right now if i could.

Comment

Working...
                    X