Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find stock equivalent coil springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find stock equivalent coil springs?

I see that I can get shocks at Autozone. Where can I get OEM eqiuv springs?

Originally posted by meyek91974 View Post
    I see that I can get shocks at Autozone. Where can I get OEM eqiuv springs?
    Don't know, maybe Four Green. But if you're buying struts and springs, why not move up to DIY coilovers? Cost would be about the same, and you can get better spring rates than stock. Even moving up to 105# from the stock 90# rear springs makes a noticeable improvement in ride, especialy paired with VW rear struts. Read up on doing this; it's actually pretty easy. Doing the rears will make the most difference.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Last time I checked a couple months back, Fourgreen still lists them, but you won't know if they actually still have them until after you place the order. They will then send you an e-mail telling you which parts are no longer available and will refund credit.
      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
      "Wenona"-89L parts car
      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

VOLKSWAGEN VW GOLF RABBIT MK3 16V JETTA COILOVERS - COILOVER KIT can you help me find ? And can I just get the fronts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't just get fronts, no. You'll squat like crazy with stock rear suspension and stiffer fronts.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I have mine i just took off with 117k on them. I would ship to you for just shipping.

I refuse to replace a stock part on the festiva. I upgrade any chance i can get. The Coilovers vs stock stunning! DO THE COILOVERS
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by fasteva View Post
              VOLKSWAGEN VW GOLF RABBIT MK3 16V JETTA COILOVERS - COILOVER KIT can you help me find ? And can I just get the fronts ?

Search VW Mk3 coilovers on eBay. Some sellers will split the kits up, some wont. You'll have to contact the sellers.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                Don't just get fronts, no. You'll squat like crazy with stock rear suspension and stiffer fronts.
                The car will do a weird porpoise dive thing with stiff front springs and valving and soft rear. It's very annoying.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I gone the instructions off of here how do you combined the front shocks all the way around but from what I understand you only need the fronts. I'll punch form that I am reading off of

Comment

Building the ultimate Festiva street suspension... Here is exactly what I bought and I have about 1000 miles so far on mine with no issues and a firm but not too harsh ride quality.

MK3 VW coilovers- http://www.ebay.com/itm/151380830285...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 1x needed

MK2 VW rear struts- http://www.ebay.com/itm/271597130505...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 2x needed

2-1/2" ID 10" tall spring- http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RACING-C...item4386304e4d 2x needed

1-7/8" ID 10" tall spring- http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MIDGET-R...item43a0bbb547 2x needed

small body coilover sleeve for 1-7/8 springs- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bilstein-193...-/131499818068 2x needed.

You will also need a top coil perch for the rears. You could have one made or use washers form what I heard. The only modification you will need to do is to slot the upper mounting hole on the front coilovers to allow them to be bolted up. the rear struts are a complete drop in. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showpost.php?p=705315

Comment

Working...
                    X