• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 14" rims to buy?

Its time for me to order new rims.

Right now i have it down to Konig Incident 75$ each and 15lbs

or

the Konig Lightining- 78-80$ each and 12lbs

Price wise it doesn't matter which i get. I kinda like the incident better (once painted all black), but the lightning are just good looking modern rims. The lightning are lighter tho.

Or which would you pick? Im want to keep them under 100$ and must be 14" I like the konig because they come in dual bolt pattern 4.5 and 100mm. So in the future if i go with a aspire swap i can still runs these as daily tires and swap them out for some 13" race tires.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

3 lbs is alot per wheel.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

^ Agreed
      No car too fast !

Comment

I want to say buy the heavy rims because im definatly gonna buy a set of the lightings next month lol

Unless i can find some turbines like charlies car had for under 400.

Last edited by Cory_Thurmond; 01-19-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

So go light weight?

How much does light weight rims matter on a car? On my 15 s1000rr it mad it night and day but it only has 2 wheels and i lean it from side to side.
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Every 1lb in rotational weight is 10 lbs of sprung weight

So its like 30lbs of body weight

Last edited by Cory_Thurmond; 01-19-2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Same thing as having some crap in the back! I could live with that. But now the real question

WHICH DO I GET? just made my mind up. Its lightweight for me.

wait thats like adding 30 pounds each corner! Yikes
              Last edited by mikemounlio; 01-19-2016, 05:32 PM.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The Lightinings look much better in my opinion. Just personal taste.
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

14x7 RPF1 Enkei. You can't get much lighter without spending thousands.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-19-2016, 06:48 PM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

ok SO i have found a kia rio brake swap. I also have a guy wanting my rolling capri for a good price.

whats the light weight 13" options we have?
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

would 14x 7 fit the car with my suspension?
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yeah. These are 14x7 with 165/55/14 Achilles tires.
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-20-2016, 12:26 PM.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          Yeah. These are 14x7 with 165/55/14 Achilles tires.
                          So i like the idea of the enkei rims. If i wanted to go lightweight 13's what would be my options sub 200$ each? I might get the 14's for daily driving and slowly grab a set of top shelf 13's for track days.
                          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

13x7 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels are under 200 a wheel. The biggest problem is that you've got to order them custom made from England and they take like 6 months to get. Here are the ones I had made for Tweak with some 20.5x7 hoosier R35A slicks.

Comment

Working...
                            X