Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aspire Master Cylinder for Aspire-swapped Festy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire Master Cylinder for Aspire-swapped Festy ?

I did my aspire swap some 5 years ago now, all good, the brakes were a definite improvement over stock but I always felt like the festiva master cylinder was still holding me back from the true performance of this upgrade.

I've got some brake work due for the car very soon so I was thinking I'd get an Aspire MC at the same time. I'm know some on these forums upgraded theirs so I'm guessing it must be a larger volume and better suited to this swap.

If I could get confirmation I'll pull the trigger on one I just found at a reasonable price online
    200,000KM milestone!

I have Aspire mc's on 2 of my cars. It helps a lot. Easy to install also. Might want to add the Aspire booster too. It helps too.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 02-07-2016, 02:24 AM.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Awesome thanks for the quick reply.

I'm going to order one right now. The Festiva one always felt a bit handicapped to me, does the job but in a real emergency (touch wood never had one yet) I wonder if it's really up to the job.
      200,000KM milestone!

Comment

My only complaint with my 90, which I bought new, was the brakes. Full Aspire swap inc mc and booster solved that.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
          My only complaint with my 90, which I bought new, was the brakes. Full Aspire swap inc mc and booster solved that.
          Yeah true. My 93 was purchased in 97 (I'm the 2nd owner) and remember feeling the same way.

5 years on I think this MC upgrade will be the missing piece of the puzzle.

One thing I've only just today realised is many of you also changed the brake booster, I didn't (I guess because I never did the MC) -- Is booster optional with an Aspire MC or mandatory ? It probably makes sense to do both ?

EDIT: Yikes! Boosters are expensive here, places wanting almost $200. I guess that's a trip to the junk yard?
          Last edited by Click_It; 02-07-2016, 02:56 AM.
          200,000KM milestone!

Comment

You can run either booster. I like the aspire booster better.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Okay cool.

I need the brakes done by this Thursday so I'll just get the Aspire MC for now and do the booster a bit later.

Do you think the Aspire MC without the booster will still offer some improvement or is doing one without the other an exercise in time wasting?
              200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Yes! The Aspire mc will help regardless of the booster.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Got it, I understand perfectly now. The booster has no performance impact, it just effects the feel (smaller booster = harder, larger = softer)

Will install the Aspire MC ASAP, but I'll probably source a booster ASAP too, I'm expecting the brake to be too hard once the Aspire MC goes in.

Thanks for patiently answering my questions
                  200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Working...
                  X