running coilovers on strut mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running coilovers on strut mounts

Hi guy's I was just wondering if anyone has run there coilover setup like this. Going from the bottom up , strut ,coilover sleeve , spring and then strut mount. Looking at the stock strut mounts there is a groove in the bottom of it, 2.5 inch coilover springs look like they fit in that groove pretty nicely. I'm in the process of putting my coilovers together and ones I bought have plastic top hats that I don't want to run .

Look at my thread on how to. I have a setup like that i think. My car handles like a dream (even with my bad alignment).
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Thanks I will I've read a few right ups , I just reordered a coilover kit one that has aluminum tophats.

Comment

I love mine. My how to is not perfect but its complete.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

You need to run top hats of some type. If you run your springs right up against your strut mounts then it'll bind and be very hard to turn. You'll also want to upgrade to the Kia Rio strut mounts.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-09-2016, 03:32 AM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Thanks guys for info , I'm looking up kia rio strut mounts right now.

Comment

Get them for a 2002 (2 studs on them, not 3).
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I will thanks

Comment

Working...
                X