SLAM MY ASPIRE!! Help me please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLAM MY ASPIRE!! Help me please

Ok. I want to get my aspire as low as it will go. From personal research im finding my best bet is some golf MK2 adjusties. Apprantly they drop into the festiva, with only drilling required to get the front bolted up.

Now my question is this how low can i go on MK2 golf coilovers or is there something else i can use? I NEED to get low, (im talking 100mm off the ground, but having the kit lower!

Would be nice to see someone who has previously used golf mk2's and wound them to the lowest. Im in nz so im looking at droping 1000+ dollars onto coilovers if i go with that option. Would be good to make sure its going to work!

11233165_10207836985706310_4440420386002361039_n.jpg

12932549_10208806055252443_5440374770365372583_n.jpg
    Owner of NZ's Lowest Aspire (festiva in nz)

You can get a 4" drop on MK2/3 golf coilovers and still have a nice ride quality.
    On the rear you'll want KYB shocks for a MK1VW and you can fit some small body bilstein adjuster sleeves on them.

I could go lower, but I run out of fender clearance. The Aspire has more fender clearance than the festiva.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-16-2016, 05:50 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      You can get a 4" drop on MK2/3 golf coilovers and still have a nice ride quality.
      On the rear you'll want KYB shocks for a MK1VW and you can fit some small body bilstein adjuster sleeves on them.

I could go lower, but I run out of fender clearance. The Aspire has more fender clearance than the festiva.
      It looks good. My issue is i want to eventually be legal in New Zealand, So i cant use the billestien adjuster sleve's. I need to be able to bolt something in without any welding or hot works required (i can get away with drilling).. Its also worth noting in nz the rules are strict with part brands on road going cars.

Comment

What happened???
        NZ used to be a free for all
        1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Originally posted by moz View Post
          What happened???
          NZ used to be a free for all
          NZ is a free for all. But its a free for all provided you can prove its safe. We have some seriously awesome cars legally on the streets. but the amount of rules to abide by to get to that point is crazyness. Fully worth it tho. If you wana learn some more google the LVVTA...

Comment

We have the same crap in australia.

I'm going through the process now with my car.
            I have a list as long as my arm where I need to comply or prove that the work complies with Australian design rules (adr).

I remember clearly NZ 10 years ago. If it had wheels and brakes, it was safe enough.

Comment

We have the same crap in australia.

I'm going through the process now with my car.
              I have a list as long as my arm where I need to comply or prove that the work complies with Australian design rules (adr).

I remember clearly NZ 10 years ago. If it had wheels and brakes, it was safe enough.
              The LVVTA has come in after people started taking shortcuts. So if you make any change to braking, power or safety you need a cert (there are some exceptions to this rule)
              So for a KLZE swap i need better brakes with studs, I need to brace the car up, install an approved cage and seats if i wish to remove the airbag, improve on the cars suspension setup and improve handling overall.

Comment

If i want to go further. Lexan windows etc, I would have to become registered to a local racing club.

Comment

Geez!
                  That's even stricter than Australia!!!

Comment

Geez!
                    That's even stricter than Australia!!!
                    It just appears that way. sure it makes it harder but they are safer. And its defently better then australian rules. we can get away with insane levels of power. and old engines in newer cars

Theres a carbed v8 r32 around nz. 100% street legal

Comment

481026138.jpg

Found these. hashing out a price. Hoping they will work in the rears
                      There from a FD RX7 so if it works, Thats good news for Aspire lovers, RX7's are everywere

Comment

I WAS SUCSESFUL.. Used rx7 rear adjusties in the rear of my festiva. I have droped 120mm from stock height.. Im not sure what i will do next. but im amped this worked out!

Comment

Do you have pictures of the fitment? What did you do for the spring top hat?
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

We need details!!!!
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I filed the buttom shock mount from 49mm - 47mm

I also reused the top of of the festiva shock, (that medal thing befor the bolt) as a washed.

Im going to clean the coilovers up a bit and possibly paint them red or something

Last edited by SrrTalkalot; 06-29-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X