4x100 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x100 conversion

Hi guys. I was wondering what route would be best for 4x100 conversion on an 89 festiva. I tried googling with no results.

Come an get my aspire parts car. It's all there for a conversion. Its free. Is in Oregon, south of Portland 2 hours

Comment

thats about a 6 hour drive for me and unless it runs and can drive back, I don't know how I would get it back here.

Comment

You can hit up a junk yard for the front end stuff from another car (aspire, kia rio, mercury capri) and maybe others. You need the knuckle the rotor and the brake caliper. You can bolt that stuff to the festiva. That will change the front to the new bolt pattern you want.

In the rear you can get the entire aspire beam which will make it 4x100. Or you can get just the axle stub and outward and redrill a couple hole to let it bolt to the festiva beam. Or you can buy new drums for the festiva and redrill them to take some studs . Just redrill them to 4x100.

The issue with drilling the drums is that they are hard to get. They have 2 different types. The type you need needs to be flat on the inside. most have contours on the inside to cut down on material. I had to order 14 drums and ended up getting 3 of the type that i needed.

Another issue with going with the front end of another car is that they are bigger. Some are so big that you have to run 14" rims. I have 03 kia rio (the bigger ones (02> are smaller)) brakes up front and my 14" rims clear but are way to close.
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

+1 on Aspire brakes. No clearance issue with 13" rims, and it's all the braking you need. Also you can still use the Festiva LCA, unlike with Capri knuckles.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Why cant you use LCA on capri knuckles?
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Centerline change.... have to use the aspire LSA for Capri swap. Otherwise you crush your axles.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Capri knuckles are 4x114.3, same as Festiva bolt pattern. You don't want them if you want to use 4x100 wheels. Plus with the Capri knuckles, 14" is the smallest wheel that fits.
                Last edited by Team Lightning; 06-22-2016, 11:22 AM.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

O YEAH!
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
                    Capri knuckles are 4x114.3.....
                    Right, forgot to mention that minor detail. Stupid alzheimers.....
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks for all of the input. I think I'll just stick with the 4x114. They seem to have better wheel options anyway. Eventually it will be an autox car and I wanted to use my old 6uls but I'll just grab something else.

Comment

Working...
                      X