NEW OLD Eibach Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW OLD Eibach Springs

this german seller has 1 set of old stock Eibach lowering springs left. doubt these are available anymore and Eibach has a good rep. these are for fitting to a Mazda 121 DA. probably not good for a heavier Festiva with ATX n AC or a bigger engine since the 121 was pretty light like an MT Festiva L. Decent price considering the shipping from germany. make an offer. you might get for a total of $200. takes about 2-3 weeks. using the specs and my best estimate of an "active" coil count, these are about 124 lb/in FR and about 65 lb/in RR. 30-35mm lowering.

Someone buy them and get them copied.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Those are pretty neat.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Would they be any better than the FestivaStore ones already available?

They say 35mm drop too.
        Last edited by sketchman; 07-05-2016, 10:29 PM.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

^ If those (Festiva store) are anything like the FMSsprings, then I'd have to say yes.
          Last edited by FestYboy; 07-05-2016, 11:05 PM.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Those appear to be progressive rate springs, just like all the other brands of springs that are available for the 121 DA. The brand I carry is different than the brand FMS used to carry. The 3 brands I have found are all about the same, they just come in different colors: red, red, and blue.
            Last edited by nonamekid; 07-06-2016, 08:12 AM.
            The Festiva Store
            Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
              The brand I carry is different than the brand FMS used to carry.
              Excellent. I have a set of FMS installed and and can't say I was too thrilled with them out of the box, so they got modified....

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                Excellent. I have a set of FMS installed and and can't say I was too thrilled with them out of the box, so they got modified....
                I am not saying they are better, just different. All the brands I saw all appeared to be about the same, just different paint and a different name slapped on them.
                The Festiva Store
                Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

What mods did you do?
                  I have FMS springs & the front ones bottom out on medium bumps.
                  The rears are fine.
                  If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Posted about it a few years ago, not sure if the thread is still available....

Actually just realized that it was almost a decade since I did the suspension work on Scrappy lol

I've been at this too long haha
                    Last edited by FestYboy; 07-06-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Posted about it a few years ago, not sure if the thread is still available....

Actually just realized that it was almost a decade since I did the suspension work on Scrappy lol

Over a decade in and I'm just getting warmed up!
                      Fixed it for ya Arty.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Haha ok

Comment

i'm probably off the mark posting spring rates of these. the online calculator didn't mention progressive springs. not sure how much diff that makes. does the rate start out high the first 1" or 2 of compress? or start out light and then get firm? does it matter if the denser coil spacing is installed up or down?

Comment

Goes light to heavy and no real difference which direction it's installed.

Comment

It all depends on how they are wound. Some of them are almost like 2 separate rates. A straight wound spring has a more linear progressive rate, where as a progressively wound coil will have different cherictaristics.

Comment

Working...
                              X