Re-routing brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-routing brake lines

Question: Would re-routing firewall brake lines under the hood cause any issues?
    For example, if the front right brake line was re-routed and was ran near the top of the firewall, thus making the length of the brake line maybe a foot longer.

Does the "length" of a brake line effect braking and proportioning?

With such a slight change, it shouldn't. Fluid doesn't compress, so the length won't matter until fluid weight and friction differential becomes an issue. You'd need to drastically extend 1 line for that (say, you extended all the way to my firewall and back to your car. )
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      With such a slight change, it shouldn't. Fluid doesn't compress, so the length won't matter until fluid weight and friction differential becomes an issue. You'd need to drastically extend 1 line for that (say, you extended all the way to my firewall and back to your car. )
      Ok. Thanks. That's good to hear.

Comment

Working...
      X