B6DET IN AUSTRALIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6DET IN AUSTRALIA

Hi guys, only new to this site. My Mrs has a 00 model Festiva with the B5 engine in it.
    Have just got her a new car but wanted to keep the Festiva to just run around in at the start.
    Im a Mechanic by trade but have been out of the game for few yrs now & the bug to work on cars has come back.
    The B5 thats in it at moment is just about shot, you can hear the piston slap over the radio.
    I had a plan to buy another B5 from the wreckers & rebuild it, with basic things like oversized pistons, decking the block & head to raise compression a bit & just porting the head to improve the flow. I have a turbo out of an ET Pulsar turbo i used to own laying around so started thinking about boosting the B5.
    On the small amount of research ive done it looks like best option is to bolt in a B6DET enginei cant seem to find any info on the engine or what they came in here in Australia so am thinking they must not of ever bleen released here ???

If anyone has any info they think may be usefull id love to hear it, thanks in advance...

Starting with the B5 helps because that means if it's a manual then you already have the F trans instead of the E. The F still isn't as strong as the G but should hold up to a stock B6T.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Definitely go with the B6T engine. It's an awesome upgrade. Welcome to the forum BTW.

I'm going to move this thread to the correct section when I get a chance.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
      X