Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aspire sway bar on festiva uses what brackest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire sway bar on festiva uses what brackest?

So I'm replacing my lower core support and using my existing Festiva sway bar brackets to build it off of. I planned on using the Aspire sway bar.

This other write-up thread "say's" Festiva and Aspire brackets are the same.

I thought I would check before I got too deep in the build. Turns out, the brackets are different.

The Aspire bracket frame bolt hole is about 3/4 inch off compared to the Festiva bracket hole. That would move the bar closer to the core support.
    But...the even bigger difference is the Aspire mount isn't flat where it bolts to the core support. The Aspire 2 bolts holes are on different levels where the Festiva bracket is flat in this area.

So...Do I just use Festiva brackets with Aspire bar -or- Aspire brackets with Aspire bar??

I'm building the core support according to what's proper.
    (I know the Aspire bar might not benefit me in the turns. This is for straight line racing benefits)
    Last edited by wwwdotgov; 09-11-2016, 01:42 AM.

Just use the bracket with the bushing. It bolts to the studs where the festy one bolts to. I pulled my aspire bar and went back to the festy one. It seems to handle better.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Yes I think we already told you to avoid the aspire sway bar.

But if you really must, use the aspire hardware with it.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
      X