Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheaper custom springs made for festivas, any interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper custom springs made for festivas, any interest?

I posted this as a reply in the other thread but, i thought i would just make a post to see if we can muster up some interest in a custom set of springs for festivas.

there are 2 ways we can go here.

#1 a set of lowering springs setup for the valving of the kyb GR-2 and approx weight of a festiva.

#2 a sleeve-type coilover setup BUT with springs matched for the GR-2's and weight of the festiva for a cheap adjustable setup, that will give a decent ride, and not blow out the gr-2's (this would be a nice setup for a daily driver who dosent need a balls out race coil-over.

Im basing the springs off of the gr-2"s becuase no one else knows if a vw strut or any other struts from other cars will or will not fit the festiva.

and the fact that the kyb super specials seem to be discontinued,The bilsteins arent availible in the usa, (need to be imported big $$$)

Spax,AVO and ventura all make 33-40mm drop springs for the type DA 88-91 121 and kia pride, BUT again expensive to import.

Im trying to get a nice spring in the ball park of $100 tops.. And this is for a blueprinted spring made for a festiva custom.

would you guys have any interest in somthing like this?
    thanks!

If you get it under $200 I'd be interested, under $150 and I'm in. I would rather keep the stock spring layout than go to coilovers.

I would also be in for some better shocks than the gr-2s.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

I'd be interested. With the too low ride height of the FMS springs, one doesn't even use the damping capabilities of the GR2's.

Some potential damper options?

DW3W/DW5W chassis

here are some additional options for the DY5W chassis:

Comment

if you can get a set cheaper than the FMS springs i would be interested.
        AIM= bobbo216

Comment

i'd be in the same boat 150 there-abouts...
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I'd be interested i would perfer a coil over set up let me know.

Comment

Im up for it.
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
              X