New stock rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stock rear springs

Did some research on Rock Auto, and it looks like the VW Rabbit 1975 - 84 rear springs are a direct replacement for Festiva stock rear springs. Just in case anyone needed to know this. They have a 90# spring rate, according to the Moog part #CC201 information page you can click on, which I believe is the same as a Festiva's. $48 for Moog and $61 for ACDelco (probably the same supplier :-)).

I am using my Festy rear springs with my Bilstein VW rear struts, so I know the outside diameter is the same.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

TominMo -

Thanks for that timely research!
    I have nearly gone blind reading through all 50 pages of truly educational suspension related threads here on the forum
    I have 4 new KYB Festiva struts waiting for suitable springs to give me original height and good road & trailer suspension. Your finding VW variable rate coils sounds like the winning ticket for the rear - would you have any suggestions for my front KYBs?
    Festiva is '92 2dr, 1.3 automatic trans.
    Thanks - Bruce

Comment

"I am using my Festy rear springs with my Bilstein VW rear struts, so I know the outside diameter is the same."

Would these struts be the same as the AdvanceDynamics" setup?

...and yes, I'm back. With new Festy.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
      X