16x7 wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16x7 wheels

Has anyone ran 16x7 wheels ? Do we have proper size tires available in 16s ? I was looking for 14x7 wheels but found some cheap 16x7 that look really good.

I have 16x8 on my 1997 Mazda 121, but I doubt they would fit under an early festiva/121.
    There are proper tires for them, I'm running 195/45r16 which cost $75 each, which is quite cheap (for Australia)
    Last edited by reddragon; 12-25-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I've got some 165/40-16 Federal SS595 tires on them. They fit a festiva fine, but ride pretty stiff and look ridiculous. These tires would be better on a 16x6 rim. There is a lot of rim poke on the wheels I have.
      I'll try to get some pictures of them this weekend.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-29-2016, 12:52 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I'm running 16x8.5 205/45r16 they fit and look neat but weather sucks and the rub a bit at full lock

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Festiver
        93 L find/5 speed
        BP/g15mr swapped
        Aspire brake swapped
        Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
        stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
        rustful
        maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
        advanced suspension
        kai/skeeter camber
        b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

Sorry this took so long. I don't put these on Pedro very often. I put them on this morning for a quick photo shootsky.
          Here's how the Federal 595 Evo in a 165 40 16 fit a 16x7 wheel and how that combo fits the car. I had to use spacers on these wheels to get the offset down to about ET12. My camber is set at -4 degrees all the way around and my car is about 3" lower than stock.

They are about the exact same outside diameter as the 165/55-14 tires I have on my 14x7 wheels, so they fit perfect without rubbing. Speedo is about 10% optimistic.

The ride isn't as harsh as I thought it would be, probably because the rubber compound is pretty soft on these. The 595evo is a true summer performance tire, with a wear index of 260, so they are much more grippy than the Achilles tires on my 14" wheels. I haven't tried them at the track yet to verify this, but just driving around town they hook up well.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-15-2017, 02:14 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Cool to know 16's fit

Comment

Is this with suspension mods?
              Fast....Women are fast
              Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Yes! Thanks for posting guys I forget to check this.
                16x6 or 16x7 would probably look a bit better I'm not a fan of that much wheel poke.
                But it's awesome to know we have 16s available that will fit !
                I couldn't get confirmation on the wheel specs from the guy so I didn't ever get them I was gunna get some 14x7 rpf1 +28 there crazy light but a bit pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by MiltonHavoc View Post
                  Is this with suspension mods?
                  Yes, its Pedro. he mentioned them in post #5.
                  Its 1 car, 2× as fast as yours, 3 inches lowered, 4 deg neg camber, 5 double spokes on the goldish rims.

Nice looking rims!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-15-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                    Yes! Thanks for posting guys I forget to check this.
                    16x6 or 16x7 would probably look a bit better I'm not a fan of that much wheel poke.
                    But it's awesome to know we have 16s available that will fit !
                    I couldn't get confirmation on the wheel specs from the guy so I didn't ever get them I was gunna get some 14x7 rpf1 +28 there crazy light but a bit pricey.
                    Do it!!!!
                    Last edited by mikemounlio; 01-15-2017, 07:55 PM.
                    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      Sorry this took so long. I don't put these on Pedro very often. I put them on this morning for a quick photo shootsky.
                      Here's how the Federal 595 Evo in a 165 40 16 fit a 16x7 wheel and how that combo fits the car. I had to use spacers on these wheels to get the offset down to about ET12. My camber is set at -4 degrees all the way around and my car is about 3" lower than stock.

They are about the exact same outside diameter as the 165/55-14 tires I have on my 14x7 wheels, so they fit perfect without rubbing. Speedo is about 10% optimistic.

The ride isn't as harsh as I thought it would be, probably because the rubber compound is pretty soft on these. The 595evo is a true summer performance tire, with a wear index of 260, so they are much more grippy than the Achilles tires on my 14" wheels. I haven't tried them at the track yet to verify this, but just driving around town they hook up well.
                      I plan to run the 595 on overkill. Can you do another thread on these tires? I would love to know more about them and how the do.
                      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Haha so we can be twins at the track?
                        I'll have to paint it red too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X