No announcement yet.

What are the bolt patterns for a 89 L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the bolt patterns for a 89 L?

I wanna see if i can get 13" or 14" tires on my 1989 L, I wanna make sure i get tires that fit a stock festiva.20161120_150448.jpg
    Im 16, just got my license and im lucky enough to have a festiva as my first car! I wanna upgrade"Fusty" as my friends call it. I've already replaced the brakes and did other normal maintenance, sooo i think its time for new wheels.... But im not very educated with cars yet, so i need to know what i can get without destroying Fusty.
    Last edited by Nsw; 12-29-2016, 01:47 AM.

all Festiva's are 4x114.3 . If it has been aspire swapped it will be 4x100. Also, welcome to the family! I think the Festiva is a fantastic first car due to its good gas milage, ease of repairability and cheap insurance.

Comment

It looks like it is in great shape. Like state above all Festiva's are 4x114.3. Most people run with 13" or 14" wheels without problems. Depending on the offset, usually you can run 5.5" to 6.5" wide and still be flush. There is a Sticky Thread on the forum that has a giant list of older cars that you can pull wheels from if you can find them at the junkyard. Before you buy a set of wheels do the research on the size of the tire you would like to run on the wheel without it rubbing, shorter sidewall tires will help the car handle much better but may have to be ordered online.

My recommendation would be 14x6" wheels with the 165/55/14 tires from Achilles ordered online, these feel much more stable than your current tires and will give you plenty of room to lower the car later when you are ready to do suspension mods.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Where abouts in PA are you?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Im in Lancaster

Comment

Booyah, right down the road. I have a line on an 88 parts car in Strasberg for super cheap. You should get it.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Im actually in Ephrata, i just saw that you're in lititz!

Comment

Great car! Hockey stripes and Festyboy for a neighbor! I see great things for this car! Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                X