Aspire rear KYB's still available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire rear KYB's still available?

I looked on eBay and Rockauto and didn't see any listings for Aspire "rear" KYB shocks/struts. Have they been discontinued?
    I wanted them for the higher spring perch. I'm going to be running at near stock height so the lowered mk1 rear vw struts probably will not be useful.

I guess Aspire Monroe's have a higher spring perch too?, but not as desirable as the kyb's.

I've never seen a listing for KYB's for an Aspire. Not saying they never did, I've just never seen a listing for them. I've only seen Festiva KYB's
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I just put a set of Festiva KYBs on the rear of one of my Aspires. Don't see any difference in height.

Comment

Kyb's are the same festiva and aspire. The Monroe have the higher perch for the aspire. But my monroes didn't last 6 months. I went coilovers and would never go back more tire clearence in the rear much better handling and even better ride.

Comment

About or so 5 years ago, they were different parts; the Aspire one had a higher spring perch than the Festiva's. But KYB apparently consolidated them into the Festiva part.

+1 on Monroe suckiness.
          Last edited by TominMO; 01-03-2017, 10:11 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X