Use which "Lug bolts" with miata wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use which "Lug bolts" with miata wheels

I will be ordering lug bolts for the 14" Miata wheels.
    I have the Rio swap in the front and Aspire in the rear. And I believe they both have 12x1.5 threads..?.

Miata's originally came with lug nuts. But I need to order some lug bolts.

Questions:
    1. Anyone know what length (mm) lug bolts are needed? And, because of the possibility of having to use a wheel spacer in the rear, I may need to increase the length of the "rear" lug bolts by 5 -or- 10mm's.

2 . What is the correct seat? I've heard so many terms. Cone, Conical, Bulge, Ball, etc....

I know a few members here are using Miata wheels and maybe can steer me in the right direction.
    THANKS FOR ANY INFO!

Change it to screw in studs. I've autocrossed mine with screw in studs and have had no issues. 2 of my cars have Mazda wheels with one of the 2 having Miata wheels. I think mine are in the 45 to 50mm range length.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

+1, screw-in studs and red Loctite.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Screw in studs or 2006 mini cooper bolts. They come in different lengths. Oem length from rockauto is like this.
        But you van get longer ones.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I going to try and stick with bolts. Those mini cooper ones look to have the same taper as miata lug nuts.

Here's a pic of stock miata lug nuts:They considered cone/conical or like acorn or something?..

I can probably use the mini cooper ones for the front. If I use a spacer in rear, I need to find the longer ones in back.
          On eBay, I noticed lots of longer aftermarket longer lug bolts that specify for BMW. Same 12x1.5 threads and the taper appears to be the same. May try those.
          Last edited by wwwdotgov; 01-29-2017, 10:31 PM.

Comment

There's either "cone" or "ball" seat style with most import cars. Japanese cars are almost always cone seat unless you find really really old wheels. VW, Porsche and Audi use ball seat on OEM wheels and some aftermarket wheels. The Miata wheels will be cone, which will be a common 60 degree taper.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              There's either "cone" or "ball" seat style with most import cars. Japanese cars are almost always cone seat unless you find really really old wheels. VW, Porsche and Audi use ball seat on OEM wheels and some aftermarket wheels. The Miata wheels will be cone, which will be a common 60 degree taper.
              Thanks. Just what I needed to know!

Comment

Working...
              X