EBay Drilled & Slotted Rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBay Drilled & Slotted Rotors?

I just found these Drilled and Slotted Rotors on Ebay. Has anyone purchased them yet?
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Ive run some on my volvo. I.think they came from r1. I got some for my festiva too haven't run them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
      I just found these Drilled and Slotted Rotors on Ebay. Has anyone purchased them yet?
      I prefer just drilled. Don't run those cheap ceramic pads. They are most likely junk. I tried a set and they barely stopped the car. I replaced them with the cheapest organics at Oriely and the car stopped way better.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Funny you say that, Charlie. Given the propensity for drilled rotors to develop stress cracks, and their less than optimal ability for outgassing, and complete inability to continually deglaze the pads, I would have thought you'd lean towards slotted rotors instead.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          I prefer just drilled. Don't run those cheap ceramic pads. They are most likely junk. I tried a set and they barely stopped the car. I replaced them with the cheapest organics at Oriely and the car stopped way better.
          I don't plan on running these, I just came across them on Ebay. I bought a set of Power Stop Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors with Ceramic Pad combo for my Sentra years ago they seamed to add a little more bite and I only paid like $200 on RockAuto for them so I was pretty happy.

I have some brand new Brembo rotors sitting in the garage that I was going to swap on but I also have the Capri XR2 sitting in the yard that I use for a brake swap so I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. Either way the parts will get used since I am picking up the new Festy in GA this weekend.
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            Funny you say that, Charlie. Given the propensity for drilled rotors to develop stress cracks, and their less than optimal ability for outgassing, and complete inability to continually deglaze the pads, I would have thought you'd lean towards slotted rotors instead.
            I've rigiruously tested both styles head to head on several cars, and the results always favored the drilled rotors when a ventilated rotor is used. Slotted rotors may be a better choice with a solid rotor, as the gasses can be trapped by the rotor. In a ventilated rotor, outgassing is improved by airflow through the rotor. Hot gasses escape more easily. That's just my experience from Daytona to Laguna Seca and a good portion of the tracks in between.

This advice is derived from actual testing of the Chinese products on an actual Festiva on a close coarse test track by a consumer who paid full price for the components and has no affiliation with the products whatsoever.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-02-2017, 12:07 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
              I don't plan on running these, I just came across them on Ebay. I bought a set of Power Stop Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors with Ceramic Pad combo for my Sentra years ago they seamed to add a little more bite and I only paid like $200 on RockAuto for them so I was pretty happy.

I have some brand new Brembo rotors sitting in the garage that I was going to swap on but I also have the Capri XR2 sitting in the yard that I use for a brake swap so I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. Either way the parts will get used since I am picking up the new Festy in GA this weekend.
              From my experience, and the experience of several other people I've talked with, the cheap ceramic pads take a lot of pedal effort and feel glazed on a Festiva. The set I tried was on Capri xr2 brakes with drilled and slotted rotors. Back to back with cheap organics, was night and day. I'll never put another set of those cheap ceramic pads on anything.

Comment

Working...
              X