No announcement yet.

Make a Aspire rear axle lighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast do you think youll be going at the end of the 1/4? I think just rear brakes will work to stop you by the end using the engine to slow down, But the car would be useless for anything else. And my guessing means a lot less than anyone elses advice here btw.
    Leave all the brakes in, do a 1/4mile run and see if you stop fast enough using just the handbrake.
    If you do you can remove booster, pedal, hoses, all that junk and just use the handbrake.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's not a fair comparison, the handbrake can't impart as much force as the hydraulics, and they activate/apply differently.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

It's good to keep in mind that dragsters typically have brakes on the drive wheels. Most dragsters are rear wheel drive, so the wide sticky rubber is out back and this works to slow them down (along with a chute of coarse). FWD drag cars have the wide sticky rubber up front. The back wheels should only be thought of as a wheelie bar, and should not be used for much else.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Just tie a bunch of Walmart Shopping bags together to act as a parachute that you can throw out of the window to slow you down! :tm:
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
          X