Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firm suspension upgrade. (Hopfully easy swap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firm suspension upgrade. (Hopfully easy swap)

So I'm planning on putting a b6t in my 92 festiva and would like stiffer than stock suspension that is compatible with 15" wheels. (I mean not lower than stock for clearance reasons). ( also Getting wheel spacers) what's a good option?. Any tips and advice is appreciated!

Hyundai Excel 1986 - 90 are 130#. I checked around on Rock Auto, an easy way to do research.

I think, but am not 100% sure, they are the same overall diameter to fit into
    Rio/Festy/Aspire struts. Might check 'em out in a JY.
    Last edited by TominMO; 04-16-2017, 09:12 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

For your suspension upgrade, use the search function, plug in Advancedynamics, all your questions will be answered there.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

And wheel spacers aren't the best solution...
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Puff View Post
          So I'm planning on putting a b6t in my 92 festiva and would like stiffer than stock suspension that is compatible with 15" wheels. (I mean not lower than stock for clearance reasons). ( also Getting wheel spacers) what's a good option?. Any tips and advice is appreciated!
          Why do you want stiffer suspension? Let us know what your goals are and theres plenty of options but its depending on what your trying to accomplish as far as what wouod be best.
          Comefortable dd? Offroad? Rally, track, 1/4 mile? Towing car?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Budy Carl took out on track a very well balanced Miata racecar yesterday, after turning almost a record lap, with a passenger, he climbs out and announces " really nice car, wish the suspension was stiffer"
            ????????? If I had five hands,
            I'd face palm them all !!!
            Last edited by Dragonhealer; 04-17-2017, 01:30 AM.
            No car too fast !

Comment

For one the new motor swap is a good reason to have stiffer suspension, and I'd like off-road rally setup. Why are wheel spacers not good?

Comment

For one the new motor swap is a good reason to have stiffer suspension, and I'd like off-road rally setup. Why are wheel spacers not good?
                WTFestiva on here has a rally festiva. You could check out his posts or message him.
                The advanced setup works well for almost anything, im not sure if it has enough travel for serious rallying so talk to the guys who rally.
                Advancedynamics has fit 15in wheels without spacers on a lowered festiva. I cant remember where he posted about it but heres a photo.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                  Advancedynamics has fit 15in wheels without spacers on a lowered festiva.
                  Those are 16's actually. It is all about how wide the wheel is and what the offset is, along with the height and width of the rubber, what suspension you have, etc
                  Last edited by w4rkry; 04-17-2017, 10:25 PM.
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Sorry Puff, now I see what you mean, caught buy semantics. Yes, an up-rated suspension to match the driveline.
                    Last edited by Dragonhealer; 04-17-2017, 11:07 PM.
                    No car too fast !

Comment

I am running new festiva struts with aspire springs front and rear. It rubs a little when I have 4 people in it. But with just me driving around it doesn't rub unless it's a big bump. I am also running 1 1/4" spacers with my 14" wheels. It's still a nice smooth ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      93 Festiva B6 5spd

Comment

Working...
                      X