X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whaddyareckon?

Is this offset ok??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah should fit just fine. Those may not be a Cone Seat though so you might have to install Lug Studs, can't tell from the picture.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

175/70r14 tyres. That's heaps bigger diameter than stock hey?

Comment

20mm Wider
        48mm Taller

If you are set on a 175 wide tire then you might want to bump it down to a 175/65/14 which will put you at only 30mm Higher.

Most of us Run 165mm wide tires though. 165/60/14 would put you at 1mm above stock diameter and give you a much better handling feel because of the shorter sidewall.
        Last edited by firebush357; 04-19-2017, 07:50 AM.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

165/60-14 also helps to correct the speedo. The ideal tire size is one that rolls out at ~ 915 rotations per mile. More RPMs is shorter, and fewer is taller.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks, I am mostly buying for the rims and will just run these tires till they wear and then get 165s. Hopefully they don't rub too much as the old girl is quiet low
            at the moment I'm running 155/60/13s and they're a fair whack smaller than stock

Comment

570 revs per kilometer is what you're looking for, I still think in imperial/US measurements.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

You won't be able to run lowered with those tires on those wheels. Even with a -4 degrees of negative camber, they will still rub inside and out if your lowered at all.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  You won't be able to run lowered with those tires on those wheels. Even with a -4 degrees of negative camber, they will still rub inside and out if your lowered at all.
                  Will I be fine on 165/60/14? I'm ok with chopping the bumper mount piece that sticks out inside the rear wheel arch and my guards are rolled

Comment

That size is good.

Comment

With that low of a wheel offset you'll still want to run some negative camber. I'd recomend -2.5 degrees with those 5.5" wide wheels. That should drive nice, fit nice and you won't notice any abnormal tyre wear if your toe is under 1mm (run the same camber and toe on all 4 wheels, unless you plan to drive extremely fast.)

I hear a lot of people comment that 165mm tyres are narrow. I don't think many of them do the math. 165mm=6.5" so they are still cantilevered on a 6" or narrower rim. I've found that these modern tyres work their best either square or slightly stretched on a wider rim. This is obviously not just my conclusion as many OE wheel and tyre packages are now stretched on the rim. The days of cantilever sidewall being the hot setup on a street driven vehicle are near an end.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-20-2017, 07:44 AM.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I went and had a look, and test fitted one. my lug bolts were way too short and thin, tires were way to big and the offset had the rims out of my guards, which is a big no-no in Aus.
                        They woulda looked real good with some smaller tires.

Comment

I agree about the thinner tires on wider rims, it's pretty obvious that it reduces side wall deflection during cornering. Just none of that stanced spec stretched.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info though!

Comment

Working...
                            X