1991 - 94 Protege front brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 - 94 Protege front brakes

Does anyone know whether the 91 - 94 Protege front hubs/brakes will work on a Festiva? If so, what LCAs, tie rod ends and axles to use? I might be picking up an inexpensive running 94 Protege with G tranny, and want to see what else is useable. I think the wheel bolt pattern is 4x100; please correct if that's not true.
    Last edited by TominMO; 06-01-2017, 08:39 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

The axles splines are different than stiva/aspire/bf chassis stuff.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

You'd need to use the protege or aspire outer tie rod ends, protege struts, protege axles, and custom control arms. The protege is a BG chassis, which has a wider track than the BF platform (Festiva, Aspire and Capri are all based off the BF platform.)
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Figured it was more trouble than it was worth, or everyone would be doing it. Thanks guys.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Really, just grab an Aspire hub, press on a 1mm sleeve and​ then press that into the protege bearing. That solves the axle issue. Not sure what mod would need done for the LCA. It would likely need a sleeve as well.
          Last edited by FestYboy; 06-01-2017, 05:38 PM.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

They are wicked heavy, which is what turned me off to them. If you want the same size brakes, the gallant rotor mod on capri knuckles with EGT or Protégé calipers. It'll be 4x114.3 though.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-01-2017, 05:42 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
            X