13" tire selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13" tire selection

In the middle of getting a cheap fun little project thrown together but the festiva needs tires something fierce. I plan to use 13s as they are about half the price of a 12 around here. My car has a set of metro wheels on it that the tires rub some in corners (is this normal for metro wheels, don't even remember what size tires they are)

But my main goal is to give the metro wheels to a buddy for his festiva (if they don't have clearance issues)and I was wanting to run the 13s off my 61 falcon (it needs tires too and realistically the festiva won't be on the road very long) I was thinking about going with a 175-70/13 as that is the cheapest tire I could find and it would work pretty fairly on my falcon, I'm just wondering is these will fit ok on the festiva. I'm not afraid to do a little massaging if necessary but I don't want to have to go crazy.

On my festy 155/80/13s with metro wheels work. 175/70/13s work fine on front but rub on the spring perches in the rear.I had to use wheel spacers and vw rabbit alloy wheel lug bolts because the are longer but the right dia. and thread pitch I went back to 155/80/13s when the 175s wore out.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

:ia:
      That's exactly what I did as well. Got a set of Douglas 155/80/13s after the 175s that were on it wore out. Walmart, set of 4 mounted and balanced for around $200. Seem to be a decent tire so far.

Comment

Working...
      X